Wise Co. taxes are low as it is. Compare the tax rates to those of neighboring counties.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but raise my taxes by 20% just to get this issue over and done with.
How will you guys like your new school names. I'm pretty sure they would change the names no more pv,appy,etc.
Wise Co. taxes are low as it is. Compare the tax rates to those of neighboring counties.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but raise my taxes by 20% just to get this issue over and done with.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
If they raise the taxes by 20% that would put tax rate at 68 cents per $100. That is still lower than some in neighboring counties like Bob mentioned.
As of last year this is what the tax rates were, could have changed a little.
Scott County is 69 cents per $100.
City of Norton just jumped 10 cents to 80 cents per $100, which raised my taxes $66 per year.
Dickenson County is around 60 to 65 cents per $100.
Russell County is around 60 to 65 cents per $100.
Lee County is 65 cents per $100.
So really Wise County who is at 57 cents per hundred dollar right now is too low and it wouldn't hurt to raise them.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
so what district would the 3 schools be in.
Prolly the LPD.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
coeburn and st.pauls enrollement wouldnt be that large.
it'd be around 500
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Several St. Paul kids would go to Castlewood I would have to say.
crack is whack
Wise North, Wise East and Wise West.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: theeevols</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How will you guys like your new school names. I'm pretty sure they would change the names no more pv,appy,etc. </div></div>
New schools in new locations usually mean new school names.
But they haven't even gotten to the final vote to consolidate yet, let alone new school names.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks