Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 268

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

  1. #61
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the Patriots....colors Red, White, Blue, and Silver.

    I heard some people from St. Paul were trying to file an injunction this morning to prevent the November 3rd meeting from occurring. </div></div>

    I just wish they would consolidate already and get it over with. If kids (or parents as it seems to be) don't like it, let them take their kid elsewhere. Let the kids from Pound go to Clintwood, let St. Paul kids go to Castlewood, and Appy to Norton if they want. The MAJORITY of the kids who go to the consolidated schools will all benefit from better facilities while those kids continue to stay behind!

  2. #62
    Inactive Member vols1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I think the Miners would be appropriate for one of the schools. Others that may be neat would be Ridge Runners (Use Appy ST. Mascot)or Mountaineers! All would be appropriate.

  3. #63
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Why not just call em all pole cats or possums or something of that nature..lol...I find all the other names on here slightly amusing, so there's my 2 nominees.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #64
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I can see it now:

    Ladies & gentlemen, please stand and give your East Co. Tree Huggers a hand for their hard work and deication this past season. (whoops!)

    sorry, that one slipped out of my mouth.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Several St. Paul kids would go to Castlewood I would have to say. </div></div>


    You mean several Castlewood kids would go back to Castlewood :P

  6. #66
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Actually I know of a lot of students over there that would go to CW if it happened.

  7. #67
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Tree Huggers....their mascot could be one of those barrels they weld together and chain their arms together in..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #68
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I know of a lot of students over there that would go to CW if it happened.</div></div>
    And some parents may do the reverse and send their kids from non-consolidated schools to the better/improved facilities in Wise County. It may very well work both ways.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    IMO out of county kids should have to pay to go to county schools...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #70
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO out of county kids should have to pay to go to county schools...</div></div>
    Some VA counties do that - just not Wise County. Radford City does I know for sure - my previous boss was in Pulaski County and had to pay tuition for her kid to go to Radford City.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •