Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

Re: CONSOLIDATION

They are talking about having 3 less of everything- sports, pace, band.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sir, you have no idea of what pride I do or don't have...I have great pride in the high school and colleges I attended and have diplomas and degrees from just as you are yourself. There is talk of consolidating all of the elementary schools back in my home district in part from the declining population in the area to take advantage of the newer buildings and phase out the ones that are now outdated and were built around the same time as all the high schools here (there is no county school system and closest schools are every 20 miles...in the largest busing school district of Penn. to takes kids living in part of 2 counties where I had many friends ride buses over an hour each day as it was just accepted as the way it was.)

On the subject of extra-curriculars which in the correct terminology is very general--with the slightly larger schools there actually would be more extra-curricular participation with much improved band opportunities, different types of clubs that could be made and hey maybe even soccer teams formed since the youth leagues are always packed with kids with no where to play once they get to a certain age in this area...which again makes that arguement void of merit.

Oh and sir your Appy Education must be vastly superior if you were being given words such as allegiance (which I did hit a wrong key God forbid) are taught in the 1st grade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trumpet1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SportsJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> many kids will be left out of many extra-curricular activities with larger schools. </div></div>

How?</div></div> I'm seeing your point.

At larger schools there should be more extra curricular activities because there are more students to work with.

But Wise County needs to go ahead and do this. Help the bands at those schools get better instruments, uniforms. Get better facilities. </div></div>

I thought this was about education? Sure don't need a band to learn. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir, you have no idea of what pride I do or don't have...I have great pride in the high school and colleges I attended and have diplomas and degrees from just as you are yourself. There is talk of consolidating all of the elementary schools back in my home district in part from the declining population in the area to take advantage of the newer buildings and phase out the ones that are now outdated and were built around the same time as all the high schools here (there is no county school system and closest schools are every 20 miles...in the largest busing school district of Penn. to takes kids living in part of 2 counties where I had many friends ride buses over an hour each day as it was just accepted as the way it was.)

On the subject of extra-curriculars which in the correct terminology is very general--with the slightly larger schools there actually would be more extra-curricular participation with much improved band opportunities, different types of clubs that could be made and hey maybe even soccer teams formed since the youth leagues are always packed with kids with no where to play once they get to a certain age in this area...which again makes that arguement void of merit.

Oh and sir your Appy Education must be vastly superior if you were being given words such as allegiance (which I did hit a wrong key God forbid) are taught in the 1st grade. </div></div>

Hahahaha, he thinks Bob is a "Dawg". [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well the average income where my family lives northeast of Pittsburgh in rural Western Pa. is exactly what it is here in SW Va. as far as average income levels... the only difference is that the property taxes are 5 times higher along with having to pay township taxes as well which goes to making sure the winter roads are drivable compared to the clueless road crews and ways the roads are taken care of around here in the winter.

When the taxes of Wise County are pretty much lowest around then a little more to make our kids education better then let's do it...it sure sounded like a lot of the students who talked on the tv broadcast of the school board sure could use a lot more education. </div></div>

There are 14 counties in Pennsylvaina that list incomes below 35,000 out of 68 total. Might want to check your math. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

I don't have any math I have to check as you can throw out all of the Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Harrisburg and many of the other areas just as you could do the same here in Virginia as I guarantee the average income in the majority of Virginia is the very same with taking into account all of the Tidewater and Northern Virginia and other regions so your research really proves nothing.

I know what the standard of living is from the area I grew up and can tell you the county I grew up in has an equal average income of $29,000 the same as Wise but with more taxes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I thought this was about eduaction? Sure don't need a band to learn. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

The subject of extra-curricular activities was brought up before that.

And what is "eduaction"? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Probably my fat fingers on the wrong key.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hitting a wrong key is different than being wrong on all of your points to this point.

Look it up dude . I used elpn's link for the figures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hitting a wrong key is different than being wrong on all of your points to this point. </div></div>
    So you should quit posting- I accept your apology.