Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 268

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

  1. #181
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I don't think all of those are on site unless they have the vo-tech school built into it....Wise County has Vo-tech as well..plus they have more like career studies etc..you can take what you see on that page either through regualr classes, DE, or at the Vo-tech school already...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #182
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but really, how many 12-16 year olds really know what they want to do for the rest of their lives?? </div></div>
    Exactly! How many do? And when you're told "you get these classes and only these classes and no options to explore other subjects or to explore them more closely" how does that help?

    Yes they DO have to be told to study the basics, but why not offer more to them to help them figure out where to go after high school? Not everyone is going to want to study History, English, Math in college. </div></div>
    But yet, you want to dump tax dollars into offering classes 12 kids in the school will take and really not know even why they are taking them...that sounds reasonable...like I said, there is such a class as career prep.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #183
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    the votech has a separate site. please explore around on that site some and jus look at the offereings.

    our schools will not be that big but the offereings we will get will be more.


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  4. #184
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but really, how many 12-16 year olds really know what they want to do for the rest of their lives?? </div></div>
    Exactly! How many do? And when you're told "you get these classes and only these classes and no options to explore other subjects or to explore them more closely" how does that help?

    Yes they DO have to be told to study the basics, but why not offer more to them to help them figure out where to go after high school? Not everyone is going to want to study History, English, Math in college. </div></div>
    But yet, you want to dump tax dollars into offering classes 12 kids in the school will take and really not know even why they are taking them...that sounds reasonable...like I said, there is such a class as career prep.</div></div>
    Oh well to hell with those 12 then, if you can't buy in bulk dont buy at all I guess. Let 'em work at Wal-Mart after high school.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #185
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> So what's the problem with building an electronic classroom at each school for DE classes? Heck of alot cheaper than 3 new schools...Plus, you'd just need 1 teacher. </div></div>


    Do you really want to go there? The Electronic Classroom is 1 tiny step above providing the students with a do it yourself Video and hopeing for the best heck lets just get rid of the fourn language teachers and buy the Rosetta Stone program at every school LOL


    When I was in HS I was able to take Calculus In Clintwood. That is no longer possible not because there are not students that want it but because there is a Math teacher sitting at each of the County High Schools with half full classes for Algebra at a Consolidated school 2 of the teachers could still teach the Basic Math while the 3rd teaches Calculus. And while I think Duel enrolment is a GREAT idea I know that even if it had been available to me I would not have had the transportation to attend

  6. #186
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but really, how many 12-16 year olds really know what they want to do for the rest of their lives?? </div></div>
    Exactly! How many do? And when you're told "you get these classes and only these classes and no options to explore other subjects or to explore them more closely" how does that help?

    Yes they DO have to be told to study the basics, but why not offer more to them to help them figure out where to go after high school? Not everyone is going to want to study History, English, Math in college. </div></div>
    But yet, you want to dump tax dollars into offering classes 12 kids in the school will take and really not know even why they are taking them...that sounds reasonable...like I said, there is such a class as career prep.</div></div>
    Oh well to hell with those 12 then, if you can't buy in bulk dont buy at all I guess. Let 'em work at Wal-Mart after high school. </div></div>
    Well, to get where I wanted to go in high school I got a job and bought gas and ins and tires. I only took 1 college class as they didn't have dual enrollment then. Raising money for those 12 kids you are talking about makes for some hard choices. If they want to go badly enough, their family will find a way for them to get to these schools. But like I said before, this is a dead horse. This school board will buy 3 of everything and pass the cost to people that own their house or some land.

  7. #187
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This school board will buy 3 of everything and pass the cost to people that own their house or some land. </div></div>


    LOL better than 6 of everything

  8. #188
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Counts</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This school board will buy 3 of everything and pass the cost to people that own their house or some land. </div></div>


    LOL better than 6 of everything </div></div>

    As long as we use the old schools the board won't buy anything- haven't in 25 years. That is how we got to this point.

  9. #189
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SportsJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir, I'm for smaller government. I'm for preserving my community of Appalachia and others like it, we can't let this happen to us. We must save our schools! I couldn't imagine a Friday without Appy Football. This is our passion, our heritage, our money! Why waste 40 million? I will never forget what the Appy girl said, if they close my school I will quit. We should all stand behind her and urge her on, Appy Pride! </div></div>

    So help me understand this. You want to encourage a CHILD to quit school to prove a point. I guess the pot smoking thug you use as your avatar should have sent out a warning to us all. Seriously.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  10. #190
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coalblackened</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SportsJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir, nobody can take away my Dawg Pride. We should form our own school district. We will not be told what to do, the elites of Wise and Big Stone can't hold us back! I hope the people of St. Paul and Pound will join with us and overcome these terrible tyrants called school board members! Kyle Fletcher and Mark Hutchinson will save us all! </div></div>

    & it's this that makes me ashamed of Appy.
    Please. I mean, we need to consolidate. Plain and simple, and some person gets on here with no real solution as to why cons. should NOT happen other than I GOT DAWG PRIDE BOOYYYZZ. *headdesk* Mark Hutchinson is not going to save you, sorry but he won't and can't. You never know what actually goes on behind closed doors. & just because his wife works at Appy does not mean a darn thing. People open your eyes. This consolidation will benefit every school board member, and they know it. </div></div>

    You might want to be carefull. You are on your way to being on Appy's most hated list with me. Pretty soon, you'll get PM's from lpdball telling you what a disgrace you are. They wont even ID themselves in PM's. Anyway, preach on brother.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •