maybe its just my opinion, but all those names sound pretty shitty to me
You can do the West Wise, East Wise, North Wise high school concept if consolidation takes place or you could name the high schools for the areas in which they are located, or after famous Wise County or Virginia figures.
Dry Fork High School Mountaineers (Coeburn and St. Paul)
Roaring Branch High School Miners (Powell Valley and Appalachia)
Indian Creek High School Hilltoppers (J.J. Kelly and Pound)
or famous people:
Junius Griffin High School Trailblazers (after the man who grew up in Stonega and went on to work with Motown and Martin Luther King)
Henry Wise High School Governors (after the governor the county was named after)
F.G. Powers High School Diamondbacks (after the name of the squadron that Powers served in)
UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS
maybe its just my opinion, but all those names sound pretty shitty to me
"Why so serious?"
I say we name em after Rocky movies...I,II,and III...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Apollo Creed High School or Clubber Lang High School....both sound pretty good.
UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS
Did they even name the Russian in part 4?...Oh yeah Ivan Drago..lol..not that he needed a name tho. Back then we were trained to see the communist as evil..So it's be the same as Rocky fighting an Arab nowdays regardless of his name..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
How about this name for a consolidated school the Dominion High School Mega Watts (Coeburn and St. Paul) ha ha ha
The mascot could be a protester with their arm in barrels...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Maybe that teacher from Coeburn who got arrested up there could be the mascot.
i actually would like dominion jigga watts. 1.21 jigga watts
"I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TornadoAAChamps0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
or famous people:
Junius Griffin High School Trailblazers (after the man who grew up in Stonega and went on to work with Motown and Martin Luther King)
Henry Wise High School Governors (after the governor the county was named after)
F.G. Powers High School Diamondbacks (after the name of the squadron that Powers served in)
</div></div>
I actually like those ideas. All of them would basically call for a new set of colors for each combined school (no fighting between people for old pre-consolidation colors to stay), and it pays homage to important historical figures from the area. I'm not wild about the Governors or Trailblazers mascots, but I think those could be tweaked and still be good. I really like that FG Powers HS Diamondbacks nickname though--it's unique for a HS team to have the Diamondbacks as a mascot.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
Bookmarks