Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 268

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

  1. #191
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Where did it say that the band wasn't needed? Nope, you don't pay for their band trips. The BAND BOOSTERS DO! The athletic fund has never paid for a band trip to my knowledge. I think it there is some jealousy on you part because he got a scholarship for college BASED on his academic and musical abilities.

  2. #192
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    So, your belief is give em college credit they don't pay for, offer grasshopper anatomy to the 5 that wanna take it cuz they should be able to..once ya start that then you have to find certified teachers to teach all the classes...you staff would look the the cast of thousands in Lawrence of Arabia or something...You willing to foot the bill for all these new teachers?
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #193
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did it say that the band wasn't needed? Nope, you don't pay for their band trips. The BAND BOOSTERS DO! The athletic fund has never paid for a band trip to my knowledge. I think it there is some jealousy on you part because he got a scholarship for college BASED on his academic and musical abilities. </div></div>
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  4. #194
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Woody</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coalblackened</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Plus you have these old home town folks not wanting to consolidate or parents of kids who think they are a football star in their tiny school who knows they won't have a chance to even get their cleats dirty if they combine to a large school, they would rather the schools fall to shambles. </div></div>

    I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. </div></div>

    Thank you.
    I graduated from Appy not too long ago and the school was falling apart then, can't even have a window AC except in two rooms because the blows the circuit. It's sad and awful. We need to get something done..>CONSOLIDATE
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  5. #195
    Inactive Member Michael_Vick's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Kelly can't have a popcorn machine at bball and volleyball games because it blows the circuit. It's actually pretty sad.

  6. #196
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IndianYouthCoach</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coalblackened</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SportsJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir, nobody can take away my Dawg Pride. We should form our own school district. We will not be told what to do, the elites of Wise and Big Stone can't hold us back! I hope the people of St. Paul and Pound will join with us and overcome these terrible tyrants called school board members! Kyle Fletcher and Mark Hutchinson will save us all! </div></div>

    & it's this that makes me ashamed of Appy.
    Please. I mean, we need to consolidate. Plain and simple, and some person gets on here with no real solution as to why cons. should NOT happen other than I GOT DAWG PRIDE BOOYYYZZ. *headdesk* Mark Hutchinson is not going to save you, sorry but he won't and can't. You never know what actually goes on behind closed doors. & just because his wife works at Appy does not mean a darn thing. People open your eyes. This consolidation will benefit every school board member, and they know it. </div></div>

    You might want to be carefull. You are on your way to being on Appy's most hated list with me. Pretty soon, you'll get PM's from lpdball telling you what a disgrace you are. They wont even ID themselves in PM's. Anyway, preach on brother. </div></div>

    haha and what is an Internet threat going to do. Oh my, my life isn't going to end because of the LPD forum. And sir, If you're the one who was announcing at the JJK/Appy peanut game I'm pretty sure everyone in Appy hates you. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  7. #197
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I"m the one. Fortunatly, my mom doesn't hate me. So I'm good with it.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  8. #198
    Inactive Member SportsJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2008
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh I did look up the exact figures to where I am from of the town as am not from the higher income drawing of any of the cities and median income in my home area is $33,000 which on paper is what $4,000 more but factor in township taxes and more than 5 times greater property taxes that more than equals it out. </div></div>

    Sir, you sound like an elitest are you from St. Paul? High and mighty Pittsburgh, I'm from Appalachia!

  9. #199
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lou Holtz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kelly can't have a popcorn machine at bball and volleyball games because it blows the circuit. It's actually pretty sad. </div></div>
    We aren't able to run ONE cable and one breaker and we , taxpayers , are going to let these people spend about 100 mill on new schools? HMMMM.... I wonder how well managed this is going to be? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] I'm hoping I get a big raise at work to help pay for this stuff.

  10. #200
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2007
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    There is one more thing that needs to be considered, especially if you're going to compare with other states. Remember, I said property taxes were ridiculous. And then elp6n posted the tax, I believe it was .52/100 of assessed value. The biggest difference between here and Pennsylvania, is the price of land. There it is approximately $5,000 an acre, with no house. Here, it runs between $12,000 and $15,000 with no house. Most of the land here has been stripped, so I would hate to see what prime farm land would cost, especially if it had it's own water source.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •