Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 268

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

  1. #121
    Inactive Member cuuvapitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2008
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hitting a wrong key is different than being wrong on all of your points to this point. </div></div>
    So you should quit posting- I accept your apology. </div></div>

    When you can actually bring something to the table then you can sit at the table...and if you were paying attention I was the one that said about hitting a wrong key so get your point of reference correct before commenting which facts don't seem to get in the way for you thus far.

  2. #122
    Inactive Member cuuvapitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2008
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look it up dude . I used elpn's link for the figures. </div></div>

    Oh I did look up the exact figures to where I am from of the town as am not from the higher income drawing of any of the cities and median income in my home area is $33,000 which on paper is what $4,000 more but factor in township taxes and more than 5 times greater property taxes that more than equals it out.

  3. #123
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cuuvapitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hitting a wrong key is different than being wrong on all of your points to this point. </div></div>
    So you should quit posting- I accept your apology. </div></div>

    When you can actually bring something to the table then you can sit at the table...and if you were paying attention I was the one that said about hitting a wrong key so get your point of reference correct before commenting which facts don't seem to get in the way for you thus far. </div></div>

    My posting not having facts for a base? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]But I read what you said to mean none of what I said was correct to this point. Sorry.

  4. #124
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SportsJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will never forget what the Appy girl said, if they close my school I will quit. We should all stand behind her and urge her on, Appy Pride!</div></div>

    Yes, you should follow her example and quit posting if consolidation happens.

    rotlaughrotlaughrotlaughrotlaughrotlaugh
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  5. #125
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Why is this even a topic? Please...if it even happens it will take years. Plus you have these old home town folks not wanting to consolidate or parents of kids who think they are a football star in their tiny school who knows they won't have a chance to even get their cleats dirty if they combine to a large school, they would rather the schools fall to shambles. It's stupid.
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  6. #126
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder how long it will be before CNN televises the Appalachia--Big Stone Gap Civil War? </div></div>

    ha. oh my.
    even being from Appy I find this whole ordeal hilarious.
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  7. #127
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SportsJunkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sir, nobody can take away my Dawg Pride. We should form our own school district. We will not be told what to do, the elites of Wise and Big Stone can't hold us back! I hope the people of St. Paul and Pound will join with us and overcome these terrible tyrants called school board members! Kyle Fletcher and Mark Hutchinson will save us all! </div></div>

    & it's this that makes me ashamed of Appy.
    Please. I mean, we need to consolidate. Plain and simple, and some person gets on here with no real solution as to why cons. should NOT happen other than I GOT DAWG PRIDE BOOYYYZZ. *headdesk* Mark Hutchinson is not going to save you, sorry but he won't and can't. You never know what actually goes on behind closed doors. & just because his wife works at Appy does not mean a darn thing. People open your eyes. This consolidation will benefit every school board member, and they know it.
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  8. #128
    Inactive Member imported_Woody's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coalblackened</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Plus you have these old home town folks not wanting to consolidate or parents of kids who think they are a football star in their tiny school who knows they won't have a chance to even get their cleats dirty if they combine to a large school, they would rather the schools fall to shambles. </div></div>

    I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

  9. #129
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I have a question for some of y'all...folks keep implying that the education one receives in an new building will be better than the one they receive now. Given there will be the same teachers and text books, explain how or give specific examples how consolidation will positively impact the education of our local kids.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #130
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    May not need a band, but band sure got my son a college education, an education that I dare say sports won't get a lot of people's children around here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •