I for one don't want to renovate every 15 years. It isn't right to pay the cash myself for renovations,and then turn around and watch my kids have to do the same again down the road. Do this one time,and do it right.
Not really...for instance, PV was opened in 59...that would have been a renovation in 74, 89, and 03. I'm not talking tearing it out and rebuilding...I'm talking adding upgrades. Seems to me that folks think a school should modernize itself with the times..and that in itself is expensive. But, a school is no different than a car in that when there is a problem it needs to be fixed...and it needs routine matinance. If you figure three 2 and a half million dollar upgrades over a 45 year period...that's a practical way to go IMO. That's 7.5 million per school over that span...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I for one don't want to renovate every 15 years. It isn't right to pay the cash myself for renovations,and then turn around and watch my kids have to do the same again down the road. Do this one time,and do it right.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I for one don't want to renovate every 15 years. It isn't right to pay the cash myself for renovations,and then turn around and watch my kids have to do the same again down the road. Do this one time,and do it right. </div></div>
Sounds about right to me.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
The fallicy there is 30 years down the road, folks want new schools again...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
They may want it in 30,but it's going to last 50. We have to remember where we are as a region economically. These schools we have now,we had to squeeze 50 out of. Next time will be no different.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Honestly, I don't see the schools going out anytime soon.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
There will be 5-10 years worth of fighting,court battles...the works [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif[/img]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Exactly...
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Bookmarks