Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 268

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

  1. #221
    Inactive Member FrequentVisitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2002
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    From someone who monitors every day and seldom posts.

    An idea pitched more than 20 years ago before political districts got scrambled up and numbered instead of named.

    Appy-PV: Richmond Rams (Carolina Blue/Gold-Yellow/White) - UCLA colors

    Pound-Kelly: Gladeville Gladiators (Scarlet Red/Black/White) - Atlanta Falcons colors

    St. Paul-Coeburn: Lipps Lions (Blue/Purple stripes/White) - Minnesota Vikings/Jacksonville Jags morph

    Seriously, improved EDUCATION opportunities are the number one concern.

    Sports builds community and character.

    Remember the Titans???

  2. #222
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I look for the Appy-PV school to be the coalminers or miners. It makes sense because of all the mines in that area. I'd like to see one of the schools be the Enforcers, due to the prisons in the area. That would be a good one for Wise-Pound. And for St. Paul-Coeburn maybe go with something in reference to the new power plant. I will admit that I do like the 1.21 jigga watt mascot idea mentioned by dogfacegremlin.
    As far as using compass points (Wise North, West, and East), that would be fine. Or using famous/important people from the community. Maybe one of them could be M. Basham High School since he is one of the ones that got the consolidation ball rolling. Hope that last one didn't offend no one.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  3. #223
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IndianYouthCoach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M. Basham High School since he is one of the ones that got the consolidation ball rolling. Hope that last one didn't offend no one. </div></div>

    Ahhhhh, they were speaking of consolidation ages ago, long when Dr. Branham was still there in the early 80's.
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  4. #224
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    You are correct, it first started in the early to mid eighties. I thing they should name the schools
    1. Thompson-Cornett High
    2. Perry High
    3. Mullins-Bates High

  5. #225
    Inactive Member dawgsthrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2008
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are correct, it first started in the early to mid eighties. I thing they should name the schools
    1. Thompson-Cornett High
    2. Perry High
    3. Mullins-Bates High
    </div></div>

    haha
    I don't think so, not everyone is fans of these people.
    Though Thompson has supported Appy forever, most people see him as a dirty hippy, I remember when he was at Appy Elem. a lot of parents were never fully happy with him.
    I'm not bagging on him, I'm just using this as an example.
    [img]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/bnc_/ConanJack.jpg[/img]

  6. #226
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    He was always like that, I grew up with him in Derby. As far as the school names I mentioned, they were meant for sarcasm, although I do support consolidation.

    BTW, my Dad taught him how to play a quitar.

  7. #227
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Who is Dr. Branham?? I've missed something through the years.

  8. #228
    Inactive Member Michael_Vick's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2004
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    It's Dr. Basham, and he was the superintendent when this whole consolidation issue surfaced.

  9. #229
    Inactive Member amysuedean's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I think he meant Dr. Jim Graham!

  10. #230
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Basham wasn't here in the 80's,,, but Graham was. And the last interim 'Super' was Larry Joe Hill, b/f the current PERRY.. I still think Hill would have been the logical choice prior to hiring Basham. Hill was second in command when Graham was 'super'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •