<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trumpet1988</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milk3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We need consolidation for the future youth. I saw the meeting on tv and heard people talking about history and kids in school speaking about sports and being safe. Education should be before sports and people don't realize that and it's very stupid. This whole thought that Appy/Pv kids or the other kids from other schools hate each other is crazy. </div></div>You hit the nail on the head. Colleges look at your education and how well you did in school. Not the tradition of your football team.
There are some Appy students who will despise the ground you walk on the minute they find out you are from PV but, they're young. I'd say that some of the parents may influence that. People take high school rivalries way too far. That can be potentially dangerous.
Nobody in college or the real world will care how good your football team is or what kind of tradition your school has in athletics.
I can see it now in an Education course "Write a 9 page paper about teaching." "My high school had a great athletic tradition. (then 10 pages about that and hating Powell Valley.)" "Sir, this is about your teaching philosophy. I don't care about your high school athletic program nor do I care about the rival school."
Elp6n posted a similar example a few years ago. </div></div>
There ya go C-Dawg, your boy was the one that said we didn't need sports or band. Not me, I've always watched the kids play.



Bookmarks