Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 268

Thread: CONSOLIDATION

  1. #71
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Interview of the Tree Hugger's QB:

    Interviewer: "So what's the recipe for your success this year?"

    Player: "lots and lots of concrete...we just welded that thing at the most opportune time and let the concrete do its thing. I gotta give thanks to my teammates for not leaving my side. We have great chemistry as a team and will never leave each other's side this year! That was our goal from the start. Stay together!"

    Interviewer: "Well congratulations, so go and celebrate....or just get the concrete and chains cut from your arms...your choice!

  2. #72
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    My comment was a simi-joke based on the large number of out of county students that go to Castlewood.


    IMHO IF Consoladation goes through there will be kids that will choose to go to a school other than the new one

  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually I know of a lot of students over there that would go to CW if it happened.</div></div>
    And some parents may do the reverse and send their kids from non-consolidated schools to the better/improved facilities in Wise County. It may very well work both ways. </div></div>

    Really.....if there was a state of the art facility 5-8 miles away, why would you want your child to go to a run down dilapidated old school?

  4. #74
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sportsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    I heard some people from St. Paul were trying to file an injunction this morning to prevent the November 3rd meeting from occurring. </div></div>

    Kyle Fletcher alluded to such action last night. Idle threats from a senile man without a legal leg to stand on.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I just wish they would consolidate already and get it over with. If kids (or parents as it seems to be) don't like it, let them take their kid elsewhere. Let the kids from Pound go to Clintwood, let St. Paul kids go to Castlewood, and Appy to Norton if they want. The MAJORITY of the kids who go to the consolidated schools will all benefit from better facilities while those kids continue to stay behind! </div></div>

    Statements like that were made last night. Things like 'My kid won't go to a consolidated school!' or 'It ain't right to have a kid on a bus for 40 minutes'.

    If those making statements like that hold true to their words, how is driving a kid from Appy to Norton or Appy to Lee any better for them? If you can't afford a $40 yearly tax increase, how are you going to afford to drive your child to Ben Hur 5 days a week?

    I would suggest that some of these parents take a ride on a bus in northeast Scott Co., where some bus rides are over an hour.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #76
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Try the SW side of Scott County as well. Theres a many a kid going to RC that is on a bus longer than an hour.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #77
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    I'm setting here reading all this, then seeing a situation where a parent volunteer coach punched a ref at middle school game between Corbin and Bell County (I think it was last week), next I see the reactions to the 91-0 score from the other thread, and I keep coming back to the questions about what's wrong with the youth today, then I say wait a minute, that should be "what's wrong with some of today's parents?"

  8. #78
    Inactive Member StateChamps92's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2004
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    Somebody better call the law to watch over the Bush's from Appy. I'd say they are fit to be tied, LOL!!!
    Seriously, I hope the consolidation passes. The schools are long outdated and need replacing. Better electives for our kids to better prepare them for college, who wouldn't want that? I'm for it 100%. Like most parents, I want what's best for my boys. Let's give our kids the tools to make changes in our world. That chance starts with consolidation, IMO.
    "Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda

  9. #79
    Inactive Member Milk3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2008
    Posts
    2,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    We need consolidation for the future youth. I saw the meeting on tv and heard people talking about history and kids in school speaking about sports and being safe. Education should be before sports and people don't realize that and it's very stupid. This whole thought that Appy/Pv kids or the other kids from other schools hate each other is crazy. It's the parents saying that because it might have been like that 20-30 years ago . History is important but we also got to move on. We can't live in the heydays of the 80's forever. It's time to get some respectable facilities in this area. It's 2008 coming up on 2009 and some school dont have AIR CONDITIONING!!! That's crazy. I understand the tax issues and the travel issues but what happens when all the towns turn into appy because we let the schools go ??? Something needs to happen.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

  10. #80
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: CONSOLIDATION

    "I understand the tax issues and the travel issues but what happens when all the towns turn into appy because we let the schools go ??? Something needs to happen. "
    So if you built Appy a new school it would save the town? You need to run for president. Maybe of the world.
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •